A global medical devices company in Caesarea is looking for a Staff R&D Mechanical Engineer.
• Research & Development of innovative designs from clinical need to a working device.
• Close collaboration with headquarters clinical/marketing teams.
• Address technical & clinical aspects of the device & procedure.
• Design, execute, analyze & document tests and simulations: in-lab jigs, Ex-vivo, fatigue, customized bench set ups.
• Participate in animal studies.
• Create, test, and/or improve products by developing moderately complex experiments and tests (including writing and executing protocols), analyze results, make recommendations, and develop reports, based on
• Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to sub-contractors.
• Generate work instructions, test methods, engineering drawings/prototypes, etc. to establish/characterize.
• Create/update portions of design control documents including requirement specs and risk documents, product and/or process specifications.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical engineering, MSc in mechanical or biomedical Eng. - advantage.
• 8 years’ experience as R&D mechanical engineer in fields of fine mechanics - MUST.
• Mastering SolidWorks – modeling with high attention to details in deep understanding of production method capabilities and limitations.
• 5 years’ experience in the medical device industry – highly advantageous.
• Experience in Cardiovascular percutaneous therapies (implants & delivery systems) – highly advantageous.
• Experience with catheter & injection molding technologies – an advantage.
• Familiar with implantable materials and components’ production cycle – an advantage.
• Basic understanding of statistical techniques.
• English – Full proficiency.
• Creative, innovative & high self-learning ability.
• Independent & responsible person with strong execution, communication & interpersonal skills.
• High commitment & willingness to work extra hours.
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.