Role and Responsibilities:
- Investigate suspicious activities, contain and prevent them.
- Security event monitoring, management and response.
- Performance of threat management, threat modelling, identification of threat vectors and development of use cases for security monitoring.
- Incident identification, assessment, quantification, reporting, communication, mitigation and monitoring.
- Implement and manage security tools.
- Reduce downtime and ensure business continuity.
- Expertise on TCP/IP Network traffic and event log analysis.
- Anti-Phishing assessment.
- Follow detailed operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyse, escalate, and assist in the remediation of information security events and incidents.
- Prioritize multiple high-priority tasks and formulate responses/recommendations to customers and team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Thoroughly document incident response analysis activities.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Understanding of network defence principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques.
- Technical baseline skills and the ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host security technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Strong aptitude for continuous learning and growth and initiative to apply that learning to current problems.
- Experience with or knowledge of the following technologies or concepts:
o IT Networking Principles
o Malware and cyber threats
- Strong soft skills, including:
o Problem solving
o Decision making
o Fluency in English (written and verbal)
Education: Any Graduate
- Bachelor's degree in comp science, Computer Networking, Or computer security or equivalent.
- Security information and event management (SIEM) tools experience like (Splunk, Sentinel etc)