Safety & Health Specialist
Safety & Health Specialist23/04/2023
A successful company in the energy field is looking for Saftey&Health SpecialistThis role supports Safety & Health department to achieve and sustain world-class Operational Excellence (OE) performance. Work as One Team
with other Safety & Health department members, and in direct contact with the entire workforce to provide guidance on safety aspects and local regulations as needed. Develops strong trust-based relationships with the workforce and other key stakeholders.
Responsible to support development, tracking, and follow up on action items from incident investigations, learning teams, observations program and ongoing Control of Work learnings, and work with the action items owners and facilities safety specialists to achieve completion. Creates safety alerts, bulletins, and other communication packages on a regular basis to share with the workforce. Conducts regular field visits to onshore and offshore sites and conducts engagements with employees at all facilities. Supports, help develop and deliver training programs to different individuals and groups within the company.
Maintain and help develop sites Safety Management Plans (SMP). Supports the BU efforts to execution and implementation of OE processes. Sings as Safety officer service provider (“Noten Sheirut”) on different company programs and declarations as needed.
Performs as ad hoc safety specialist in short term projects and when a facility safety specialist team member requires replacement. Supports the development of safety analysis. Continually increases knowledge of oil & gas industry safety best practices and study to fully control Chevron’s processes, standards, and supports the sustained integration of Serious Injuries Fatality Prevention tools (e.g., Start Work Checks & Save Your Life Actions).
דרישות התפקיד- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Israeli Safety officer certification (“Memune al Betichut”)
- Five or more years of field safety experience
- Strong knowledge of Israeli safety regulations
- Strong verbal/written communication (English, Hebrew)
- Able to support a feedback rich culture respectfully
- Ability to regularly visit offshore platforms and other operational facilities (up to 25% of time)
- Teamwork: Must be able to work productively with a diverse group of people within Chevron as well as Business Partners (contractors) and regulatory agencies
- Strong MS Office and general computing skills